It is that time of year again, when the leaves change color from green to red, orange, yellow or brown before falling. If we talk about fashion, the transition from warm to cold weather means we are officially in the season of layering!
Layering is an art, which if not done properly, can make you look bigger than you actually are! On the contrary, if you learn to master the art of layering, you’ll find that it is a style that not only keeps you warm, but also make your outfits more interesting, overall.
The most important thing about layering is getting a good handle on the basics with a twist of trendy additions to the current wardrobe. Just because it’s getting colder, doesn’t mean we will be giving up on style, it just means that we have to think a little more creatively while getting dressed.
Here are a few tips and tricks I’m sharing that help me staying stylish in this transitioning weather. Also, in this post I’m featuring few Fall/Autumn outfit ideas reflecting my personal style. For more, please keep scrolling…
1. Keep the under-layers more fitted to keep your shape looking slim. A thin turtleneck, for example, under a top, blouse or even under a summer dress will definitely keep you warm and can give your outfit a whole new look.
2. Make stockings you best friends in this weather. You can, for instance, throw a pair of tights or sheer stockings under a pair of ripped jeans or under a pair of shorts to stay warm and stylish at the same time.
3. Invest wisely in few essential layering pieces. Longline cardigans, Denim jackets, Biker leather jackets, Stylish bomber Jackets are a great deal this season. You can just pair them with any outfit to give it an entirely chic look.
4. Be aware to match right type of shoes with your outfit, specially in this season. Sandals or flip flops won’t look flattering anymore during this time. Shoes can make or break your entire look, so pair them wisely! Although the trend of wedge ankle boots is dying and block heel ankle boots are taking their place, they’ll still look cute with cuffed jeans or a dress.
5. Last, just try to be more playful with different textures. Its best to incorporate a mix of materials or fabrics when styling a layered look. Using same fabrics; chances are your look will come off as heavy and bulky which can add the appearance of unwanted weight, which each one of us would love to avoid, I’m sure 😉
These are the tips and tricks which I personally like to keep in mind while dressing up in this changing weather. And I promise, you don’t have to compromise with your style even in the depths of cold, if you’ll learn how to ‘Layer like a pro’!
Happy Autumn! 🙂
See you soon in next post.